Forward Oklahoma City brings investment, jobs to OKC
The Chamber’s Forward Oklahoma City program, now in its fifth cycle of programming specific to Oklahoma City’s current business climate and long-term needs, is wrapping up another successful year of investing in Oklahoma City’s future.
The Chamber set specific goals for Forward Oklahoma City V, which include diversifying the Oklahoma City economy, growing Oklahoma City’s quality workforce, improving Oklahoma City’s quality of life, growing Oklahoma City’s corporate presence, strengthening Oklahoma City’s business climate and advocating for regional transportation development.
Significant accomplishments of the 2017 Forward Oklahoma City efforts include:
- Work of the OKC Compact to provide reading and mental health resources for Oklahoma City Public Schools
- New nonstop air service by Frontier Airlines
- New-to-OKC companies expanding into the market, including NTT Data, SkyWest, Amazon, Solaris Paper, and more
- Significant criminal justice reform progress, including the first meeting of the Oklahoma County Criminal Justice Advisory Council
- Continued work on strengthening the Oklahoma City innovation district
- The successful passage of the recent general obligation bond and sales tax elections that will invest $1.2 billion in Oklahoma City
Through the end of November 2017, Forward Oklahoma City has assisted with 2,939 announced jobs, $128.7 million in announced payroll and $221.9 million in announced capital investment. Since it was founded in 1995, Forward Oklahoma City has assisted in creating more than 100,000 jobs and $6 billion in capital investment.
For more on FOKC, contact the Greater Oklahoma City Chamber economic development department, at 405-297-8945.