Greater Oklahoma City has six of the top 10 fastest-growing counties in the state
- From 2017-2018, six counties from the Greater Oklahoma City region were among the top 10 fastest-growing counties. (Kingfisher, Logan, Canadian, Oklahoma, Grady, McClain)
- In terms of population growth, Canadian County remains in the top 1 percent of all counties in the nation with a 3.1 percent growth rate from 2017-2018.
- While the Oklahoma City metro growth slowed slightly (2017-2018), it still out paced the nation’s growth rate of 0.6 percent.
- The Oklahoma City metro grew by over 13,000 from 2017-2018.
- Over the last five years (2014-2018) the Oklahoma City metro has seen a positive net migration average of 7,987 people per year (domestic plus international).
For comprehensive Economic Indicators and Regional Data, please visit your Greater Oklahoma City Chamber Economic Development Division at www.greateroklahomacity.com/economicindicators or contact Eric Long, Research Economist – 297-8976; firstname.lastname@example.org.