Google education evangelist, speaker panel to share philosophy at State of the Schools address
Chamber members are invited to learn about current trends in education at State of the Schools on Aug. 12. The event’s virtual format will allow participants to view from the convenience of their home or work.
This year’s keynote speaker is Jaime Casap, formerly Google’s global education evangelist. Casap speaks all over the world working with educational organizations around the world, helping them find ways to continuously improve the quality of education by utilizing and enabling technology capabilities.
“Jaime Casap understands the role of technology plays in today’s modern education,” said Teresa Rose Crook, OKC Chamber vice chair for education. “With what schools and teachers went through this spring to bring material to their students in non-traditional ways, his discussion will be engaging, entertaining and productive.”
In addition to Casap’s address, a distinguished panel of K-12 and higher education leaders will also provide their insight to the future of education in Oklahoma.
The K-12 panel will discuss the 2019-20 school year and how they approached learning in response to the pandemic. The group will also discuss how their districts plan to address the upcoming school year and how their approach to education might be adapted depending on the impact of COVID-19. Panelists include:
- Dr. Sean McDaniel, Superintendent of Oklahoma City Public Schools (OKCPS)
- Brent Bushey, Executive Director of Oklahoma Public School Resource Center (OPSRC)
- Dr. Nick Migliorino, Superintendent of Norman Public Schools (NPS)
- Bart Banfield, Superintendent of Epic Charter Schools
A second panel discussion with leaders of some of our region’s colleges and universities will discuss what they see in the future of higher education as it meets Oklahoma’s changing labor demands for college graduates. Higher education panelists include:
- Burns Hargis, President of Oklahoma State University (OSU)
- Joseph Harroz, President of the University of Oklahoma (OU)
- Dr. Martha Burger, President of Oklahoma City University (OCU)
- Dr. Jerry Steward, President of Oklahoma City Community College (OCCC)
Online registration for this event is $25 for members and $40 for nonmembers. To purchase, visit www.okcchamber.com/schools.
Special thanks to Presenting Sponsor University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, School Supply/Teacher Attendance Sponsor American Fidelity Assurance Company, Host Sponsor Epic Charter Schools and Platform Signature Sponsors American Fidelity Assurance Company and Hobby Lobby.