Scissortail Park seeking volunteers for Grand Opening weekend
Scissortail Park Needs You!
Volunteer to help with the Grand Opening celebration of Oklahoma City’s new park
Scissortail Park is seeking energetic volunteers for the Grand Opening Weekend celebration scheduled Friday, Sept. 27 through Sunday, Sept. 29. With an estimated 100,000 visitors, Grand Opening Weekend will be a momentous event for Oklahoma City. This celebration would not be possible without many months of planning and the collaborative efforts of the City of Oklahoma City, businesses, organizations, and groups. Through these efforts, the Grand Opening will include a wide range of visual and musical performances, family-friendly programming, and more.
The Park is looking for volunteers to help fill close to 700 shifts in every aspect of the Grand Opening from week-of preparations to assisting with day-of vendors, crafts, activities, and entertainment. Volunteer and be a part of history.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Programs and Activities–assist with children’s programing, outdoor games and demos, community art projects, and more.
- Facilities and Logistics–assist with trash and recycling pick-up to keep our park beautiful.
- Horticulture–help with early morning prep and maintenance of the Park’s grounds.
- Sponsor Reception and Donor Relations–assist with bartending, replenishing trays, and various tasks as needed.
- Guest Services–assigned to information booths to help answer FAQs, oversee lost and found items, and retail sales.
- Volunteer and Hospitality Tent–aid with check-in, waivers, credentials, and replenishing food.
- Surveying and Roving–collect survey results from visitors and answer FAQs about the event and park.
- Food Truck–assist with food truck set-up, monitor lines, and reload runs.
- Line Information–assist with concert entrances and FAQs about the Friday night concert and Grand Opening Weekend.
Each volunteer will receive a commemorative t-shirt to wear while volunteering. Corporate and group volunteers are welcome.