Festival fun: Oklahoma's community festivals can please all palates
Throughout the summer and fall, community festivals from around our state can fill your mouth, mind and heart with family-friendly conviviality, cuisine and charm. Check out our monthly rundown for some of our upcoming favorites.
Oh sweet, delicious, yellow corn! Oklahoma will be hosting two Corn Festivals in the month of June.
- Green Corn Festival: The annual Green Corn Festival will be held in downtown Bixby, Oklahoma from June 27 to June 29. Bixby describes this festival as a “true community celebration” that is designed to bring family fun! The festival will consist of a Saturday morning parade, live music, arts and crafts, a carnival and of course, corn!
- Fort Gibson Sweet Corn Festival: The 11th annual Fort Gibson Sweet Corn Festival will also be happening on the weekend of June 28. There will be arts and crafts, food street vendors, bungee jumping, bumper cars, water slides, rock climbing, live music, and so much more! Whether you like your corn sweet or smoked, come have fun at this community event!
Blackberries, Peaches. Watermelons, and Ice cream; you'd best believe Oklahoma has it all! Many festivals will be happening in the month of July and you don’t want to miss it!
- McLoud Blackberry Festival: The 2019 Blackberry Festival will be held July 12-13 at the Veterans Memorial Park in McLoud, Oklahoma. The festival will consist of a pageant, parade, car show, kid’s games, food, and fireworks!
- Porter Peach Festival: The 53rd annual Porter Peach Festival will be happening on July 18-20 in downtown Porter, Oklahoma. The festival highlights its tasty peach heritage by having a parade, car show, 5k run, arts and crafts, outdoor concerts, and so much more! Come enjoy a scoop of free peach ice cream as you attend this historic event.
- Ice Cream Festival: The Taste of Summer: Ice Cream Festival is right around the corner, and we have the scoop for you! This event will be July 20 at the Central Park Community Center in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. Admission is $5, which will get you unlimited ice cream, great entertainment, the kid’s zone, and the marketplace.
- Valliant Watermelon Festival: The Valliant Watermelon Festival will be happening on July 26 & 27 at the City Park & Terry Hunt Community Building. This festival will consist of a parade, basketball tournament, 5k run, car show, Big Melon Weigh Off and so much more! What are you waiting for? Come enjoy a tasty watermelon with your family and friends!
August is full of watermelon eating, bronc riding, and hot air balloons!
- Rush Springs Watermelon Festival & Rodeo: Begin your month by attending one of the most popular festivals in Oklahoma, the Rush Springs Watermelon Festival & Rodeo. This event will be August 8 -10 at the Jeff Davis Park in Rush Springs, Oklahoma. This old-fashioned festival will consist of watermelon themed activities, a rodeo, carnival rides, seed-spitting contests, arts & crafts, live entertainment and so much more! Make sure to purchase your wristband for this family-friendly event!
- FireLake FireFlight Balloon Festival: After eating some tasty watermelons, we invite you to attend the FireLake FireFlight Balloon Festival on August 9-10. You will enjoy two days of balloon glows, balloon rides, live entertainment, and food trucks!
- Oklahoma Festival of Ballooning: Oklahoma will also host the Oklahoma Festival of Ballooning on August 17 at the Hatbox Field in Muskogee, Oklahoma. Come enjoy the beautiful colors of hot air balloons as they give rides to individuals and compete for the Oklahoma Hot Air Balloon Championship Governor’s Trophy!
Chili, chocolate, and wine; what else could you ask for in the month of September?
- Wagoner Bluegrass and Chili Festival: The 40th annual Bluegrass and Chili Festival will take place on September 6th and 7th in downtown Wagoner, Oklahoma. Enjoy two days of music, food, shopping, and a chili cook-off!
- Hennessey Wine & Chocolate Festival: End the month right by attending the largest wine & chocolate festival in Oklahoma. The Hennessey Wine & Chocolate Festival will take place on September 21 at the Hennessey Memorial Park. More than 100 wines from over 20 wineries will be available for you to taste! Come have an unforgettable drink with your family & friends.
From Bigfoot findings to Pumpkin picking, October has it all! Check out the events below to see what Oklahoma has going on this month.
- Honobia BigFoot Festival & Conference: The annual Honobia BigFoot Festival & Conference will be on October 6 in Honobia, Oklahoma. This festival celebrates BigFoot by having a 5k run, live entertainment, food vendors, craft vendors, Bigfoot storytelling, and presentations from Bigfoot researchers who have appeared in several Bigfoot documentaries. Come out and support this unique event!
- Yukon Czech Festival: The 54rd Anniversary of the Czech Festival will happen on Saturday, October 5th from 7:30AM – 5:00PM. There will be many festivities such as a parade, royalty coronation, dance performances, and so much more! Plus, come enjoy Czech kolaches (sweet pastries) and sausages prepared by the Oklahoma Czech Inc. The festival will conclude with the Royalty Coronation Ball at the historical Yukon Czech Hall, where everyone is welcomed to dance the night away!
- Watonga Cheese & Wine Festival: Come join the Watonga community as they celebrate the 44th Cheese & Wine Festival on October 11th & 12th. These two days will be filled of wine and cheese tasting, art shows, and children’s games. A parade will be showcased on Saturday morning, with the 5k Great Rat Race following it.
- Cordell Pumpkin Festival: Celebrate fall by attending the Cordell Pumpkin Festival on October 12. Come enjoy some pumpkin decorating, a costume contest, a pet parade and a pumpkin baking contest. The festival will begin by serving you a pumpkin pancake breakfast and will end the day with an antique car show.
- Dewar Harvest Festival: The Dewar Harvest Festival is a free family-friendly event that will take place on October 12 in Dewar, Oklahoma. Come check out the arts and crafts booths, hay rides, lawn mower races, a chili cook off, and carnival games! Afterwards, you can enjoy some live music as you run the Harvest Festival 5k or browse through the unique rides of the Harvest Festival Car Show.
- Luther Pecan Festival: Come enjoy the 3rd year of the Luther Pecan Festival on November 16 in Luther, Oklahoma! The festival features local and state-wide pecans from Benson Park Pecans, Deep Fork Foods and Lazy D Pecans. Over fifty artists and food trucks will be present. The festival will have a cook-off, car show, live music, and so much more. Don’t miss out on this incredible event!