Get your fair food fix
What would the Oklahoma State Fair be without the deep-fried, chocolate-covered food options that make the experience? Every year, food vendors at the fair get creative to produce new and – let’s be honest – sometimes wacky food combinations that you can’t find anywhere else. And since the fair only comes once a year, why not take the opportunity to indulge in one of the new fair food offerings this year? In no particular order, here are a few that we can’t wait to try:
- S’more On-A-Stick: A campfire favorite on the go found at A Latte Love Coffee House.
- Hot Cheeto Pickle Dog: A pickle on a stick, dipped in hot Cheetos and deep fried to perfection at Denmore Delights.
- Fry Bread Burger: Porky’s is bringing us a tasty half-pound burger with Funnel Cakes for the buns.
- Deep-Fried Coffee: For those who need a caffeine fix but don’t want to miss out on a fair food opportunity. Find it at Gringo's.
- Caramel Popcorn Pie: Caramel popcorn in pie form at Cutie Pies Concession.
If you are overwhelmed by the amazing options, use the State Fair’s food finder to narrow it down. The interactive map is conveniently broken down into important categories like “bacon” and “deep fried.” What’s your favorite fair food? Let us know in the comments!