OKC Chamber announces 2019 legislative agenda
The Greater Oklahoma City Chamber Board of Directors announced its 2019 legislative agenda as it works to improve the state’s business climate to attract new investment and enhance growth and expansion opportunities for existing companies.
The Chamber’s agenda touches on issues at all levels of government and includes priorities on economic development, health care, education, transportation and more. For a full list, go online to okcchamber.com/legislativeagenda.
Among the Chamber’s legislative priorities are:
- Retaining the state’s economic and community development programs that are critical to attracting new businesses to the state
- Protecting business owners’ and event hosts’ rights against irresponsible gun legislation
- Funding sentencing reforms and rehabilitation programs to ease the financial drain on Oklahoma’s criminal justice system
- Developing a long-term, strategic investment plan for the state’s education system and addressing Oklahoma’s strategy to recruit and retain teachers in the face of a nation-wide teacher shortage
- Preserving the Oklahoma Department of Transportation’s eight-year construction work plan
- Completing the ongoing transportation projects taking place at Oklahoma City’s major highway interchanges
The Chamber will speak on behalf of its members at the State Capitol throughout the 2019 legislative session. To stay informed of their efforts, sign up for alerts at okc business advocates.com.
Total Votes: 163 Avg Vote: 1